Our Approach and Expertise
Our approach to continuous improvement differs from traditional lean manufacturing consultants since we don’t believe in a
particular “lean manufacturing” philosophy, but believe that improvements should address the issues preventing your company from reaching its goals. YMB Consulting’s partnership with ADM Systems Engineering also separates us from other process improvement consultants by adding expertise in machine design, automation and systems integration. Together, YMB Consulting and ADM Systems Engineering can help your company focus on the opportunities that will give you the highest return on investment and help you achieve your strategic objectives. Our focus to customer service and our participative change management approach, will give your company value and peace of mind.
If your company is new to process improvement, and you are not sure where to start, we can help. YMB Consulting and ADM Systems Engineering can conduct a full operational assessment of your company that includes reviews of your current processes and equipment.
The lean manufacturing expertise from YMB Consulting, coupled with ADM’s expertise in manufacturing, control and information systems will ensure that your company focuses on the opportunities with the best ROI. We will do an assessment of your company and provide recommendations that will help you meet all your strategic initiatives. In some cases these recommendations will include process changes, equipment modification, new equipment purchases, custom equipment design or even converting part of your line to an automated process.
Turn Key Solutions
Once we have completed our recommendations, YMB Consulting and ADM Systems Engineering can provide full turnkey solutions or we can work in a support role to help your team implement the changes. Our partnership with ADM Systems Engineering, allows us to:
- Assess your needs
- Provide recommendation
- Design, fabricate and commission the proper solution
- Design and implement the proper processes
NRC-IRAP Financial Assistance
If your company is a small or medium enterprise (fewer than 500 employees), your project may be eligible for NRC-IRAP funding assistance. YMB Consulting has experience doing several projects with NRC-IRAP, which can fund a substantial portion of the engineering cost of a project. We can write the project scope and help your company with the project application. Once the project is approved and being executed, we can also write the mandatory monthly reports required by NRC.
Production Line Design and Commissioning
If your company is launching a new product, or has had a significant increase in demand, we can help you by designing and commissioning a new production line for you. Depending on the situation we are able to:
- Manufacturability Improvements: We can review your design for manufacturability improvements that can lower the overall cost of sales, mistake proof the assembly process, improve product performance or increase the reliability of the product.
- Assembly Fixture Design: We are able to design and fabricate assembly fixtures to meet your needs, from simple mechanical assist manual fixtures to fully automated assembly equipment.
- Production Floor Layout: As we design your production line, we will do a layout that optimizes the space you have available.
- Commissioning: Once all the necessary fixtures and equipment ready, YMB Consulting and ADM will complete the setup and commissioning so that your company has a full turnkey production line.